CCAN Action Fund Lobby Night 2022
Thank you for joining the CCAN’s Lobby Night! Meeting with your legislators directly is the best way to ensure your voice is heard. Make sure to RSVP here if you haven’t already (and share with a friend if you have!)
Below you will find all the materials you will need to make your lobby meetings a success.
If you have questions or otherwise need assistance, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lobby Night Schedule
Kick Off and Training (2/17)
Come join us on Thursday, February 17 from 7:00 – 8:30 PM to get prepared and kick off our Lobby Night! First, you’ll hear from CCAN staff about the latest on the bills we’ll be prioritizing on Lobby Night (full list below). Then, we’ll go over lobby night best practices from our experts. Finally, we’ll break out into groups based on your legislative district to make sure we’re all ready to go for Lobby Night.
We will record this training and post it here on Friday, February 18th.
Lobby Night (2/21)
Lobby Night meetings are currently being scheduled for Monday, February 21st from 5:00 – 8:00 PM. If your district does not have any meetings scheduled, come join us for a “power hour” at 5:00 PM to take part in actions that will make sure your voice is still heard by your legislators. Details on these meetings will be sent to you based on your district, so be sure to watch your email in the days leading up to Lobby Night.
Fun Content for Lobby Week:
- Download one of the attached virtual background files to your computer
- Open the Zoom app and sign in.
- Click your profile picture, then click on Settings.
- In the left menu bar, click on the Background & Filters tab (if you don’t see this tab, log in to the Zoom website, go to Settings and toggle on Virtual Background). If you’re looking to change your profile picture – instead click on Profile and click the pencil icon above your name.
- In the Virtual Background tab: To add your own image or video, click the plus (+) icon in the right corner to add the image from your computer
- You may need to check or uncheck the option box “Mirror My video” to display the background’s text reading from left to right.
- Still need help? Check out Zoom’s guide here.